Friday, October 3, 2008

Craftsman Tools

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had picked up some more tools for this build.  I used some gift cards and bought a Sears Craftsman 260 piece mechanics tool set.  It came with a "free" 3 drawer plastic tool box that I originally thought would be useless.  Instead I was pleasantly surprised.  Each of the 3 drawers is fully removable from the box, and holds the sockets and drivers for 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" sized ratchets respectively.   The size of each socket is molded into the drawer which makes finding the right size easy.  Best of all, you can carry the drawer to the work site easily, which makes locating the right size socket while in an inconvenient location (like under the car) much simpler.

I've always been a fan of Sears tools, and this set continues to keep me a fan.  Now I just need a couple cabinets and a few more air tools and the shop will be well equipped.

No comments: